Quality Used Boats for Sale in Spain, Italy and France
Find over 500 Used boats for sale in Spain, Italy and France
How to find and acquire Used Boats for Sale in Spain Italy and in France
There are a lot of interesting used boats for sale in the western mediterranean that is, in Spain, Italy and France. As a general rule, the quality of these boats and the buying experience of them is better than those found in the Adriatic and eastern Mediterranean. The language barrier exists but is less pronounced in the west.
Although it’s always a good rule of thumb to work directly with a professional boat dealer or яхтенный брокер; however, we understand that some boat buyers may opt to buy a used boat from a private seller in an attempt to save some money over the price of a new boat and avoid paying brokers commission.
A private seller may also be more motivated to sell the boat, and thus willing to accept a lower-than-market price. Although, buying a boat from a private seller requires self-confidence and some knowledge as there are some obvious dangers and pitfalls. Once the deal is done you?ll have no warranty and little recourse if there is a problem.
That said, thousands of boats change hands between owners every year, usually without an issue. Here are some pointers that may help make you.
20 best platforms for finding a used boat for sale in Spain. Italy or France
- The YachtMarket
- Top Boats
- Scan Boat
Used Boats for sale in Spain, Italy and France Checklist
1. Finding a Used Boat for Sale
There are dozens of ways a private party can list a boat for sale, from boat platform websites to the boats in the window of the local boat repair shop. When you find a boat that interests you, try to set up a phone call rather than corespond by email. The latter is not sufficient to ensure trust and never even consider buying a boat without seeing it, if you are not mobile then you must at least have someone you trust look the boat over in person. Once you find a boat make sure that you can communicate with the seller either in his language, your language or a shared language.
Used boats for sale Spain
Start with these questions:
- Where is the boat located
- If it is in the water;
- Has the owner proof of ownership, service records and proof of VAT
- Ask why is he selling this boat?
If you get a good feeling about the owner of the used boat for sale and still like the boat, arrange a visit. However I would advise you to find two or three boats in the area as you may be disappointed by the one that you have chosen.
Finding hotel accomodation, hiring a car are relatively easy but make sure the boat is near an international airport.
2. Inspecting the Used Boat for sale in Spain there are many international Surveyors.
You?ll next want to inspect the boat yourself before engaging a marine surveyor, the complexity of this step depends on the size of the boat, the bigger and more-expensive the boat, the bigger the risk. Refer to theinternet to find a qualified surveyor as flying your own one out is too expensive.
I have written an article on the twenty most important points to look at before buying a boat.
Best platforms for buying a used boat in Spain
3. Conducting a Sea Trial
If you know little or nothing about boats a sea trial will not tell you much however here are a few pointers. First ask the seller to show you any features of the boat, then warm up the engine and check that all systems are working?the engine starts easily and sounds smooth; the trim functions; the lights, electronics, instruments and audio system are working; and pumps for live wells and bait wells do their thing.
Taking a boat for a sea trial is an essential part of the boat-buying process. What to look for during this test, however, isn?t always clear to new boaters. For a thorough evaluation, consider asking a friend who knows about boats to accompany you, or for larger boats in particular, hiring a marine surveyor is the best option.
Sea Trial Checklist
When it comes performing a sea trial, there are a few main steps you should follow:
- Replicate a typical day.
- Be sure to test performance targets, and ask your dealer about horsepower options and hoist all the sails.
- Play the role of both captain and passenger.
- Look at engine trim, consider how you will use the boat (watersports, fishing, etc.)
- Check the rigging tension and any play on the rudder.
- Bring the boat to high revs, make a hard turn, and if possible, test conditions in rough waters.
- At no-wake speeds, center the wheel and note how well the boat keeps its line.
- Run both into and away from the sun?check for glare and reflections.
- Check that all the instruments work especially the radar or plotter as these are very expensive.
- Look at the colour of the exhaust fumes in the waake of the boat.
What to Look for on a Sea Trial
Whenever possible, test a boat like you plan to use a boat.if you plan to go out with the whole family, take them on the trial. Many sea trials are undertaken on a boat loaded with little fuel, few passengers, and an absence of gear. In use, however, odds are you?ll have all of the above, adding hundreds or even hundreds of kilos or more to your boat?s load. If you do not take your family the performance you feel during a lightly loaded test sail will rarely if ever be equal to the performance you?ll feel during a normal sortie. If a boat is underpowered for your needs then look for another option..
On the water, play the role of both driver and passenger. Hoist and lower sails to ensure the hailyards and winches function correctly. Check the tension on the rigging and check for signs of corrosion..
If it is a powerboat or motor yacht Bring the boat to 30 mph, check behind for traffic, then crank a hard-over turn to each side. Ideally, the boat should carve cleanly and powerfully through the turn without the engine struggling to maintain speed or the propeller losing its strong contact on the water.
Sail into rough water and cross your wakes at varying speeds. Though the effects of rough water can?t be eliminated, a well-designed hull will carve confidently through wakes while limiting any serious bumps or jarring from disturbing passengers. Listen for any rattles and vibrations; if present, they may be an easy fix but if not you may want to compare the craft?s performance to another brand. If it is a sail boat tack hard to see if all the tackle behaves correctly. A used boat for sale can hide many problems which may have been the reason for selling in the first place. Center the wheel and note how well the boat keeps its line and once again check to see if there is no play which could indicate an expensive problem with the rudder. Single sterndrive or outboard-powered boats sometimes have a tendency to wander at slow speeds, but the effect is usually minimized by trimming the engine up slightly and avoiding the tendency to oversteer in an attempt to correct the problem.
Sail into the wind to check performance and the stability of the boat.
- Check Sound levels of the motor and generator
- Adequate seat cushioning
- The abundance?and convenience?of onboard storage
- Amount and placement of handholds and cupholders
- Once at sea check the water maker if there is one.
Remember, a test ride isn?t just a pleasure cruise, but your best opportunity to see how the boat responds, accommodates passengers, and ultimately, matches up to your personal needs as a buyer.
4. Hiring a Marine Surveyor
For a larger, more expensive boat it is important to hire an expert?for a few hundred euros a professional marine surveyor will conduct a condition and valuation (C&V) survey and sea trial for you. This will show you any issues they spot on the boat. The surveyor performs the same service as a property surveyor that you would contract before taking out a mortgage or purchasing a house.
This is the best way avoid buying a boat with significant issues, such as osmosis in the hull or a faulty rigging. Consider having a professional technician separately inspect the engine(s) with a compression test and and analysis of the oil. Engine issues are the most-common problem encountered by used-boat buyers, and can be costly to remedy.
Surveyors usually charge by the boat length, at a rate per foot. Issues that come up in these inspections can be addressed before closing the sale or be the subject of a renegotiation of price.. In some cases, a finance company will require a professional survey before advancing a loan.
5. Check Titles and Liens
Most states require a title for boats over 16 feet in length.
- Check the title to make sure it?s valid, that there are no bank or tax charges on the title, and that the Hull Identification Number on the title matches that of the boat.
- You?ll find the HIN on the upper part of the starboard (left) side of the boat or it can be found just inside the main cabin..
- If the boat is not required to have a title, ask to see a bill of sale from when the current owner purchased the boat, as proof that they are the true owner.
- Also you must demand proof of VAT payment on any used boat for sale. It may have been paid but if you have no proof you may be required to pay it again
6. Draft a Purchase Agreement or Bill of Sale
Finally, draw up a boat purchase agreement or bill of sale. You may find a purchase agreement form on an official website,
A boat bill of sale on a used boat for sale in Spain or Italy should include:
- The name, address and contact information for the buyer;
- The name, address and contact information for the seller;
- A description of the boat?brand, model, year of manufacture, length, Hull Identification Number (HIN) main characteristics of the boat such as LOA Beam Draft Sails where applicable. Motors model make Horsepower and serial number, Official number of registry
- Country of registration and under which flag.
- The price including or excluding VAT.
- Statement of seller saying it is free of any incumberances
- AS IS WHERE IS or Accepted after a successful survey
- Date, place and signatures of both parties.
The HIN should be permanently marked on the boat transom to port. If the boat is powered by an outboard motor, it should be listed separately with its serial number.
Звоните нам со своими вопросами!
С понедельника по пятницу с 9:00 до 17:00.
Мадрид точное время. Международные звонки.
У вас есть вопросы? Отправьте нам электронное письмо, и мы свяжемся с вами в ближайшее время.